- As part of Schaeffler India’s HOPE CSR program; STEP and NITARA initiatives have contributed towards skilling of over 550youth from disadvantaged socio-economic communitiesaround Pune, Vadodara and Hosur, for a better livelihood and respect in society
- Run as per recommendations of National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), the initiatives aim to empower India’s youth with industry ready skills for employability, in line with government’s ‘Skill India’ mission
Pune | July 14, 2020|Schaeffler India, leading industrial and automotive supplier (BSE: 505790, NSE: SCHAEFFLER) reiterated their commitment towards skilling on World Youth Skill Day(July 15, 2020) by sharing their contribution to the under-privileged youth of India through their skill development initiatives, STEP and NITARA, which are part of the company’s HOPE CSR program.
On the occasion of World Youth Skills Day, Mr. Santanu Ghoshal, VP – HR and Head – CSR, Schaeffler India said “On this occasion of the World Youth Skills Day, it gives us immense satisfaction to recapitulate our small but earnest contribution towards skilling the youth of India. It further motivates us to continue to invest in programs like STEP and NITARA to ensure that Schaeffler’s contribution makes a difference to the society. As an organization Schaeffler is a strong believer of honing the right kind of skill sets and has been a passionate contributor along the lines of the ‘Skill India‘ mission.”
Nearly400 beneficiaries under Schaeffler Technical Enhancement Program (STEP) in Pune and Hosur
Schaeffler India’s STEP initiative was launched in 2018, as an endeavour to improve employability of India’s vast workforce and thereby create a talent pool that is creative, skilled and have the right attitude. The program is aimed at empowering promising underprivileged youth, in the age group of 18-35 years, with new age technical training in modern automotive and industrial technologies and soft skills in order to make them industry ready, employable and self-reliant. As part of the initiative, Schaeffler India identifies and trains students at three of its state-of-the-art STEP training centres:
- Two STEP centres in Pune i.e Talegaon and Chinchwad in collaboration with Don Bosco Technical Training Institute, train the students in industry relevant skills such as CNC Programming, Hydraulics & Pneumatics, Turning & Milling simulations and Automotive Locktronics. Collectively, these centres have contributed to the skilling of around195 beneficiaries till date.
- Inaugrated in 2019, in collaboration with SkillSonics, the STEP centre in Hosur, Tamil Nadu has been providing industry-aligned skills such as CNC Machinist and Mechatronics. The centre has contributed to skilling of over 200 beneficiariestill date.
- The training programs are run as recommended by the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) by the Ministry of Skill Development. Students are awarded with NSDC certification after successful completion of their courses.
179 beneficiaries skilled atNitara Beauty Academy & Salon in Vadodara, Gujarat
Run under the umbrella of Schaeffler India’s HOPE CSR program, the Nitara Beauty Academy & Salon, located in Vadodara, Gujarat is Schaeffler India’s skilling initiative aimed at fulfilling the aspirations of differently-abled and underprivileged girls, making them self-reliant and helping build careers in the growing beauty and wellness industry. Till date, around 179 beneficiaries have been trained at the NITARA Academy.
Similar to the STEP initiative, candidates not only get NSDC certification under the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship at the end of a six-month training course, but also get support in getting placements.
Schaeffler India remains commited in its endeavor to transform India’s skilling domain and empower lesser-privileged youththrough education, skilling and employability
Schaeffler India is commited in its endeavor to transform the skilling domain in India and empower India’s less privileged youth through education and skilling for employability. Besides the STEP and NITARA initiatives which are aimed primarily towards skilling, Schaeffler India also supports a few schools in Gujarat and Maharashtra to ensure that underprivileged and disabled children from remote villages do not miss out on education. Additionally, Schaeffler India also runs the HOPE Engineering Scholarship Program to encourage talented underprivileged students to pursue a career in the fields of science and engineering.
Schaeffler India as a part of its CSR program has consolidated its activities and focus exclusively on a few core areas which will make a meaningful impact on the community and make a difference. HOPE is Schaeffler India’s umbrella initiative encompassing the values, vision and mission of the organization. Through this initiative Schaeffler India strives to contribute, to the motto \’सर्वेभवन्तुसुखिनः\’ (May everyone be happy). It is derived from the four core areas of focus – Healthcare, Occupational skill, Preservation of national heritage, art & culture and Empowerment of society. Under HOPE, Schaeffler India runs a number of initiatives for the four focus areas
About Schaeffler India Limited
Schaeffler has been present in India for over 50 years. With 3 well known product brands LuK, INA and FAG, 4 manufacturing plants and 8 sales offices, Schaeffler has a significant presence in India. Schaeffler is among the largest Industrial and Automotive supplier with sales of INR 43.6 billion in 2019 and around 2800 employees. The manufacturing plants in Maneja and Savli (Vadodara), produce a vast range of ball bearings, cylindrical roller bearings, spherical roller bearings and wheel bearings that are sold under the brand name of FAG. The plant at Talegaon near Pune, manufactures engine and powertrain components for front accessory drive system, chain drive systems, valve train, gear shift systems and a range of needle roller bearings and elements, under the brand INA. The fourth manufacturing location is based out of Hosur, producing a wide range of clutches and hydraulic clutch release systems for passenger cars, light commercial vehicles, heavy commercial vehicles and tractors sold under the brand of LuK. Schaeffler also has the largest after-market networks serving the industrial and automotive customers. All of this is backed by dedicated engineering, research and development support based in India in support of product teams.